Sangihe Project


The Sangihe mineral tenement consists of two blocks covering Taluad and Sangihe Islands, located between the northern tip of Sulawesi Island (Indonesia) and south tip of Mindanao (Philippines). East Asia has a 70% working interest in the tenements and is the operator with three Indonesian companies own the remaining 30% interest combined. The Company's focus is on Block II, known as the Sangihe Project and covers 42,000ha; this includes the Bawone, Binebase prospects on the eastern part of the island and Taware prospect in south-central region with infrastructure in place.

Other large gold and gold-copper deposits in the area include Tampakan (Xstrata Copper), Gosowong (Newcrest Mining), King-king (St. Augustine) and Mesel (Newmont).